Dianomi sponsored ads (?) on Reuters.com

Hello @Laura and @Aral,
Since today morning I have been seeing dianomi sponsored ads on reuters.com (see attached screenshot).
I checked and Better is still on and working on every other site I visited.
Are these ads okay, or are they somehow sneaking through Better’s Blocking rules?
Keep up the great work!

Best,

im

Yikes. I can see those too. It might be a new-ish service we’re not blocking yet. I’m going to do an update tomorrow, so I’ll prioritise getting this blocked.

@Laura,
Thank you very much for your immediate response and the prioritization of this issue for the next update!

That should be all fixed now. I battled with it all afternoon, those Reuters devs are sneaky wotsits!

Thank you so much, @Laura! I updated my rules and the ads are blocked now :smile:.
Keep up the good work, I greatly appreciate your effort!

@Laura, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems like they are using different Wotsits for their country specific sites… When visiting reuters.com (USA), everything is fine, but uk.reuters.com still shows the ads as well as all the other country specific sites (de.reuters.com and so on). :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

Noooooooo.

Argh. I know what they’re doing, and it’s what I spent all day trying to get around. I’ll take another look at it at the beginning of next week. Thanks for bearing with me!

No rush, I am actually contemplating on boycotting Reuters. A site that implements such sneaky practices does not deserve to be supported whatsoever…
I think I speak for all Better users when I say thank you so much for your continuous work and fight for and with us, @Laura and of course @Aral too!!! :+1::+1::+1:
I greatly appreciate your work and effort. :smile:

@im turns out it wasn’t too tricky to fix, I just had to extend the rules to all the country-based subdomains :smile:

Thanks for the kind words, they really sustain me!

(Open the app and you’ll find these blocked now.)

@Laura Thank you so much! I am glad it didn’t take too long :slight_smile:
And you’re very welcome, I am trying to support you and everyone at better whenever and however I can, I hope that at some point the mentality changes throughout the whole industry and they stop trying to force these things on us with all their perfidious ways…

Hi - Fab app thanks so much for your hard work.

I wanted to let you know that Reuters are showing dianomi sponsored ads again even with Better turned on.

Welp, there goes my Reuters bookmark. I will no longer support such perfidious practices.

Zapped them again. Just had to add a / to one of the rules. I think it’s become whack-a-mole, but if it’s only going to take me a minute to whack it once a week, I’ll keep going for now!

@Laura Thank you so much for your continuous fight against the insidious junk they keep producing!