Better vs Pi-Hole

Does anyone know of a thorough comparison between the goals, experience, effectivity, drawbacks, etc. of using Better locally on each Mac/iOS device and/or Pi-Hole in the local network for all connected devices?

Ooh, that looks interesting. Without investigating it in more detail, I’d say Better is probably differs positively because:

1. No technical knowledge required to implement
  2. We have our own curated blocking rules

However, if you are savvy in this area, you could probably implement our blocking rules (they’re free and open) for Pi-Hole.

Note: I’ve not reviewed to see if Pi-Hole contains any hidden nasties, I’m basing this off a very quick browse of the homepage!

Hello !
I’m not aware of comparisons of those two softwares … but you have to consider that Pi-Hole is a commodity for any device connected at home, since with its installation and configuration it works like a DNS for any device you have at home, with any browser installed on them.

Better, on the other hand, works only in Safari on a single device. And it’s up to you to install it.

The other main difference I see it’s the point 2 of @laura’s reply … and the level of trust you have for the Pi-Hole project and/or the Better project.

If you can run it at home (it works also on a Synology or Qnap “storage” machine) I suggest to run it… and having Better would be a great add for your iDevices.

Just my 0,02€