Better for macOS Sierra, coming soon

Better is coming to macOS as a native app. I just submitted the first version to Apple for approval. Fingers crossed, it should be out at the same time as macOS Sierra.

Better will also run on El Capitan with Safari 10.

Hi! I’m trying to understand something: on iOS I just install the app and activate in the content blocker on the Safari settings.
On MacOS, what’s the difference between the Safari extension and the app on the Mac App Store?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

At the moment, the Mac app works in a very similar way to the Safari extension, but it comes with an app that includes the tracker and site lists, as well as news and statistics. In the future, we are going to add additional features to the Mac app that you can’t get with the Safari extension.

Ok, thanks Laura, bye.

Is it expected that the “you are unprotected” notification would display whenever the Mac screensaver is on?

This is a bug that’s fixed in the next release. Sorry for the hassle, those notifications are really annoying!

Congratulations! Better is my favorite App to block Ads in my Mac. Are you ready for new OS X (High Sierra)?
Regards!

Very nearly ready. @aral has been working hard :smile: