This release was a long time in the making and brings two very important improvements:
- Full accessibility support for iOS and macOS, including Dynamic Type, VoiceOver, and Switch support.
- A new Exceptions screen where you can specify that Better should not be active on certain sites. Your exceptions list is synced between all your devices across iOS and macOS using iCloud.
Please use the new Exceptions screen sparingly and as a temporary workaround for sites that break with Better for whatever reason. Some sites will specifically detect Better and ask you to disable it. Please let us know about these sites using the Email button on the Exceptions screen (or by contacting us here or on Twitter) so we can look into it and try to fix it for everyone.
Additionally, here are some of the other improvements in version 2017.1:
- New: Unified interface and experience across iOS and macOS.
- Fixed: The Mac app no longer displays erroneous “Better is not active” notifications on lock screen and when the screensaver is active.
- Fixed: The Mac app only notifies you when a data update is actually downloaded, not every time it checks for an update.
- Improved: The iOS app has a faster interface and better data loading performance.
- Lots of other miscellaneous bug fixes and little improvements.
Laura and I hope that you enjoy this update (Osky does too) and, as always, you know where to find us if you have any issues.